Key QR code benefits are at the forefront of modern business transformation. The world accelerates its shift to mobile, with over seven billion smartphones reported in use by Statista in 2023. Therefore, the imperative to innovate in customer engagement has never been greater. QR codes offer a simple yet powerful means for businesses to gain user trust and share detailed information about their offerings.
The QR code technology stands out as one of the most effective strategies for bridging the gap between a business and its potential customers. It enhances communication and drives forward an advanced approach to marketing and customer service. Mobile-friendliness, easy implementation, and convenience are only some of the many QR code advantages. Read along to discover how this tool can enrich your business and capture your audience.
Let’s kick off with the essentials and provide the definition of QR code before uncovering its benefits.
QR Code Definition
A QR code (Quick Response Code) is a two-dimensional matrix barcode designed for storing and retrieving digital information. The QR code technology was invented back in 1994 by the Japanese company Denso Wave.
QR codes consist of black squares on a white square grid. This encoding format enables scanning by smartphones and other mobile devices. It can store different types of information, such as text, website URLs, multimedia content, contact information, and more. These features make QR codes a valuable tool for various business needs, from marketing campaigns and inventory management to contact sharing, restaurant businesses, retail, and logistics.
Now that you know what a QR code is, let’s dive into the primary benefits of this technology.
Main Benefits of QR codes
The benefits of QR codes include enhanced versatility, more customization options, and compliance with almost any digital content type. Let’s dive deeper into the advantages of this technology your business can leverage.
Streamlined Access to Information
A QR code facilitates access to digital information, which is a must for modern users. Today, people seek quick and easy ways to get the information they need. On average, users expect a page to load in less than 2 seconds (Kissmetrics, 2021). Otherwise, they may get frustrated and never convert into loyal customers. But with a QR code, they can access your data hassle-free, be it a website, vCard, business page, or restaurant menu.
With a QR code generator like MyQRCode, you can incorporate your QR code into any marketing materials or product packaging. This way, users will access relevant information immediately by scanning the code via their mobile devices. It minimizes the time and effort required to interact with your digital content and retrieve the most valuable details.
Convenience for Users
QR codes are highly convenient tools for emerging user needs, improving their online and offline experiences. Modern customers spend hours on the web daily, searching for goods, visiting websites, and scrolling social media. At the same time, many complain that their online experience is often inconvenient. 97% of users have abandoned an Internet purchase because the service was troublesome (Smart Insights, 2020).
However, that is different with QR codes. You can use this tool to drive your customers directly to the page they need, making their experience more interactive and smooth. Take advantage of MyQRCode’s customization capabilities and choose from multiple QR code types to meet your users’ expectations. Ensure they get to know your products or services without wasting time on unproductive searches and complex navigation.
On top of that, QR codes placed on parcels, product packaging, or any printed materials ensure quick and convenient access to additional data. By scanning a code, your customers will access the desired information in no time when visiting a physical shop, point of sale, or delivery point.
Ease of Use and Cost-Effectiveness
A QR code is a simple and cost-effective solution for small and mid-sized companies struggling with constantly growing expenses. Nowadays, small businesses spend up to 10% of their revenue on marketing campaigns (WebFX, 2023). Moreover, their approaches often require technical expertise and complicated implementation, resulting in even higher expenses.
In contrast, using QR codes is easy and affordable. You don’t have to hire professionals or spend much time creating a QR code with a simple and intuitive tool like MyQRCode. Simply enter the MyQRCode website, create an account, and choose the appropriate QR code type. Generate a QR code for your needs in a few simple steps, download it, and share it with your audience hassle-free.
Improved Customer Engagement
The use of QR codes results in enhanced customer engagement, which can make or break your business’ success. A fully engaged customer represents 23% more revenue than average ones, as a 2016 Gallup survey claims. Here’s how you can boost user engagement with QR codes:
- Provide interactive experience. Use QR codes to bridge physical objects and digital content. An easily scannable code linked to promotions, extra features, or valuable data engages more users.
- Give quick access to company details. Allow your potential customers to learn more about your brand in seconds by scanning a QR code. Link it to your business page or vCard to provide contact info and other essentials.
- Personalize user experience. Provide access to unique content tailored to the needs of specific audience groups via a QR code. It may link users to exclusive offers, contests, product recommendations, and loyalty programs, building trust and enhancing engagement.
Create a dynamic and interactive customer engagement strategy with the help of the convenient MyQRCode generator. Please note that you can change the content of your QR code to keep it relevant to your current business objectives.
Monitoring of QR Code Scans
Tracking QR code scans and analyzing audience segments are essential steps to understanding your customers. Thus, you can study customers’ behavior, interactions, and engagement. By 2021, nearly half of businesses had admitted to using big data and other forms of analytics to explore their markets and audiences (Statista, 2021). Paying attention to every channel where you interact with your customers is crucial, and QR codes are no exception here.
Monitoring the number of scans is easy with the convenient MyQRCode dashboard. Track this data over time and filter it by a specific QR code name, operating systems, countries, and cities. This way, you will always know if your strategy is productive and how it impacts your business processes.
QR codes are entirely mobile-friendly, which perfectly fits the evolving smartphone usage trend. Mobile devices are becoming the leading force in today’s online activities. In the first quarter of 2023, over half of Internet traffic was generated by mobile users (Statista, 2023). Unsurprisingly, modern businesses consider smartphone users as one of their key audience groups.
When scanning a QR code through a mobile phone camera or a specifically designed application, customers instantly tap into a particular page, card, video, image, or else. The accessibility and simplicity of QR codes make them an ideal solution for a business focused on mobile users.
Facilitated Mobile Payments
Payments via QR codes are easy and convenient for smartphone users. In fact, such a payment method is becoming increasingly widespread these days. This market has a promising future, with value growth from over 11 billion (2023) to more than 55 billion (2033), according to a 2023 Future Market Insights report.
QR codes streamline transactions without compromising security, as you can link a QR code to a well-protected payment service. At the same time, this method reduces waiting times and checkout hassle, improving the customer experience and satisfaction.
Enhanced Inventory Management
QR codes improve and facilitate inventory management and make it more efficient, which is one of the aspects many companies are still struggling with. In fact, 24% of businesses track their inventories with pen and paper (UpKeep, 2020). But things can change thanks to modern technologies and approaches, including QR codes.
Here are several main benefits of using a QR code for inventory management:
- Improved tracking. You can attach QR codes to products or assets and track them in real time. This way, you monitor the movement, location, and status of your items within the inventory system.
- Accurate data entry. A QR code makes it easier to enter data and retrieve it. Your employees will update information quickly and accurately, which reduces human error risk and streamlines management.
- Fast audits and inventory control. With QR codes, you get instant access to the required product information and history. It facilitates regular inventory checks and audits and gives greater control at all inventory levels.
- Optimized order management. Consider linking your inventory data to sales and purchase orders via a QR code. This way, you will minimize stockouts and overstock challenges.
All in all, QR codes streamline operations and improve the accuracy of inventory management. They make business operations less dependent on human resources, leading to time and cost savings.
Better Delivery Logistics
Delivery logistics is another critical business process you can improve by implementing QR codes. Companies face multiple challenges in this regard, with climbing costs and a lack of visibility topping the list (Statista, 2022). Here’s how a QR code can help you solve these and other issues associated with last-mile delivery:
- Effective package tracking. When you attach QR codes to your packages, delivery workers can check and update delivery statuses. This method also allows for shipment tracking and provides customers with real-time updates.
- Proof of Delivery. Your customers can scan a QR code to confirm they received your parcel. As a result, you will simplify the delivery experience and reduce the need for manual paperwork.
- Improved communication. Customers won’t have to look up their delivery statuses online or via phone. Instead, they can get all the required information about their expected item’s location and delivery schedule through a QR code.
Please note that you can also link a QR code to a specific delivery application or software. Thus, you ensure your customers and personnel can access the data they need whenever necessary.
Protection Against Counterfeit Goods
With QR codes, a business can address the challenge associated with counterfeit goods and other forms of online fraud. The risk of unfair trading practices is getting higher these days. In 2022 alone, American authorities spotted nearly 25 million counterfeit products worth around $3 billion (Bloomberg Law, 2023). QR codes have become a viable solution for retailers and manufacturers fighting against those issues.
Here are the advantages of QR codes regarding protection against counterfeit goods.
- Product authentication. Customers can verify the goods’ authenticity by scanning a QR code placed on product packaging. Linking the code to a detailed product description, including its origin and manufacturer, will help people distinguish genuine goods.
- Transparency and trust. Inform your users about your product’s specifics and prove their validity via a QR code. This way, you will build trust in your brand and increase customer loyalty.
- Enhanced supply chain capabilities. You can track your products’ movement through the supply chain with the help of a QR code. It will reduce the risk of counterfeit goods by letting you identify anomalies or inconsistencies in product distribution.
Using QR codes as an anti-counterfeit protection measure will make your brand more credible and transparent in your customers’ eyes. Besides, it improves your operations’ efficiency and streamlines the supply chain management.
QR codes are easily customizable, allowing businesses to share visually appealing content that stands out. Customers tend to perceive information visually, relying heavily on color combinations, shapes, and other design components. The human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than written text (Email Audience, 2023). Make your promotions, marketing materials, or business pages more memorable using multiple customization options offered by our QR code generator.
With MyQRCode, you can make your code look more attractive to your audience by changing the following design elements:
- Color palette. Choose the color that fits your branding, target users’ specifics, and niche. Please note that using a signature color may increase your brand recognition by up to 80% (Reboot, 2019).
- QR code frame. Add or remove a frame for your QR code and pick the most suitable background and text colors.
- QR code pattern. Select the pattern and change the color of the dots and background if required.
- Corner style. You can choose rounded, square, or round-edged corner dots style and use a round or square dot type.
- Logo. Consider incorporating your logo into the QR code page. It’s crucial for your brand’s success since 75% of customers recognize a company by its logotype (VisaPrint, 2020).
Use our convenient solution to generate a QR code for business or individual use and make your code stand out from the crowd. With multiple customization options, you can adapt your code’s design to various use cases and audience segments.
Possible Changes After Printing
You can change QR code content even when it’s already printed. After generating a QR code and placing it on your goods, product packaging, or marketing materials, you can add or remove some details whenever necessary. At the same time, you don’t have to replace the code itself. It makes QR codes convenient and flexible for brands that use dynamic marketing approaches and often pivot their campaigns.
If you use MyQRCode as your QR code generator, simply enter your account and open the QR Codes section on the left-hand menu. Then, find the desired code, click the three-dot menu next to it, and select edit. Now, you can insert a new URL, replace images, and change descriptions without any impact on the code your customers scan.
Multimedia Content Availability
QR codes support various types of multimedia content, from images to videos and audio files, PDF documents, vCards, and more. Considering that over 90% of customers prefer visual content to written content (Forbes, 2018), a QR code makes it easier to convey your brand’s message to the audience and engage them.
With MyQRCode, you can create QR codes for different content types, including the following:
- Business page
- Application on App Store or Google Play
- Restaurant menu
- PDF file
- Social media link
- Facebook page
- Simple text
- Wi-Fi network
Moreover, you can link your QR code to any other file type via the website URL. Just upload your file to an online file storage service like Google Drive, iCloud, or Dropbox, copy the link, and use it when generating your QR code.
Resistance to Partial Damage
QR codes remain scannable even if they undergo minor damage or wear, unlike standard barcode types. In particular, they resist smudging, scratching, distortion, and other potential issues that might occur due to printing errors.
Therefore, the information your QR code links to remains accessible to the audience despite minor imperfections and flaws. It makes QR codes the preferred encoding solution for marketing, inventory management, supply chain management, and other functions.
Massive Data Storage
A QR code is a compact and accessible format that can store large amounts of various data types, from website URLs to product or contact details and multimedia content. Thanks to this versatile solution, you can communicate valuable company information, drive traffic to your website, or share files hosted on digital storage services like Google Drive.
Please note that with MyQRCode, you can upload certain file types directly to the QR code page. These include images (up to 10 pictures with a maximum size of 5MB each), videos (up to 100MB), and more. The size of files you link to via a website URL isn’t limited (unless the storage service has limitations).
Reduced Human Error Risk
When using QR codes, businesses can avoid the risk of human error and automate some critical processes. Human mistake remains one of the most widespread challenges for modern companies worldwide. Almost 75% of data breaches and other cybersecurity challenges in 2022 involved the human element (Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report, 2023). Such issues lead to massive money and reputational losses.
QR codes minimize those risks, allowing businesses to automate data capture and transfer processes. This way, you can reduce the impact of human-related mistakes. In particular, it’s possible to eliminate typos and data inaccuracies that often occur when retrieving and sharing information. Thus, you will enhance your data management systems, operational consistency, and overall user experience.
Key takeaways: All QR Code benefits in a single Table
In an age where digital interaction is paramount, QR codes have emerged as a versatile and efficient tool for businesses. They bridge the gap between offline and online worlds, offering a myriad of benefits that enhance customer engagement, streamline operations, and amplify marketing efforts. Here’s a table summarizing the key benefits of QR codes for businesses:
|Streamlined Access to Information
|QR codes provide quick access to a variety of digital information, enhancing user experience and reducing waiting times.
|Convenience for Users
|They offer a hassle-free way to access web pages, contact details, or specific content, improving online and offline experiences.
|Ease of Use and Cost-Effectiveness
|QR codes are easy to create and cost-effective, making them ideal for small and mid-sized businesses with limited marketing budgets.
|Improved Customer Engagement
|They enhance user engagement by providing interactive experiences and quick access to company details and personalized content.
|Monitoring of QR Code Scans
|Businesses can track QR code scans, gaining insights into customer behavior and the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
|QR codes are entirely compatible with mobile devices, aligning with the increasing trend of smartphone usage.
|Facilitated Mobile Payments
|They simplify transactions, offering a secure and quick payment method for smartphone users.
|Management QR codes improve tracking, data accuracy, and control in inventory management, reducing human errors and streamlining processes.
|Better Delivery Logistics
|They aid in effective package tracking, proof of delivery, and improved communication in the delivery process.
|Protection Against Counterfeit Goods
|QR codes help in authenticating products and enhancing transparency, building customer trust.
|They can be customized visually, making marketing materials more appealing and memorable.
|Possible Changes After Printing
|Content linked to QR codes can be altered even after printing, offering flexibility in dynamic marketing campaigns.
|Multimedia Content Availability
|QR codes support various multimedia content, making brand messaging more engaging and versatile.
|Resistance to Partial Damage
|They remain scannable despite minor damages, ensuring consistent information availability.
|Massive Data Storage
|QR codes can store large amounts of data, allowing for comprehensive communication of company information.
|Reduced Human Error Risk
|Automating data capture and transfer with QR codes minimizes risks related to human error.
These benefits collectively showcase how QR codes can be a game-changer for businesses, enhancing various aspects from marketing to logistics and customer engagement.
What are the main drawbacks of QR codes?
Some of the potential disadvantages of QR codes include availability limitations, lack of awareness, and reliance on Internet connection. Let’s look at these pitfalls in more detail and find out how to avoid them.
- Limited availability. QR codes are only accessible via smartphones. While most of them are easily scannable via basic iOS and Android software, some phones may require specific QR code scanner applications. So, before implementing this solution, check if it suits a particular use case and the audience’s specifics.
- Awareness issues. QR codes were invented in 1994 in Japan. However, the technology became widely available in the late 2000s with the rise of mobile phones. Therefore, some audience groups, such as older generations, may be unfamiliar with QR codes. So, it’s a good idea to offer some alternative options to access your data.
- Dependence on Internet connection. Dynamic QR codes are only available online. But, considering that over 65% of the global population are active Internet users (Statista, 2023), that’s not a major obstacle. At the same time, you may consider providing extra ways to access information for offline users if required.
Please keep in mind that some challenges associated with QR codes may be due to the lack of credibility and efficiency of the tool you’re using. In particular, free software often appears ineffective and limited in functionality. Thus, it’s worth considering a reliable and feature-rich QR code generator like MyQRCode.
Best QR Code Use Cases
The most common uses of QR codes include marketing, logistics, manufacturing, and restaurant business. Although there are many more ways businesses can utilize this technology, let’s focus on the most prominent examples of QR code use cases.
What are the benefits of using QR codes in marketing?
Using QR codes in marketing provides the following advantages for a business:
- Increased engagement. QR codes provide instant access to valuable data, providing an engaging and interactive user experience.
- Analytics. You can measure your campaigns’ success by tracking the number of QR scans over time and segmenting the audience into several groups.
- Cost-effectiveness. QR codes are a cost-effective marketing solution that doesn’t require expensive development, printing, and distribution costs.
- Smooth integrations. QR codes are easy to integrate with various marketing channels, from print materials and product packaging to social media.
A QR code is a result-driven tool to boost your marketing strategy. With its help, you can easily share special offers, promotions, product descriptions, and more.
What are the benefits of QR codes in logistics and manufacturing?
The use of QR in logistics and manufacturing comes with the following benefits:
- Optimized inventory management. QR codes streamline inventory tracking and management. With their help, you can track your product movement at all levels and improve supply chain operations.
- Automated data entry. Use QR codes to minimize human error risk and automate delivery and shipping management workflows.
- Protection against fraud. A QR code is also a powerful means of authentication. It helps customers prevent counterfeiting and check your product’s genuineness.
Use QR codes to take your logistics and manufacturing to the next level. With MyQRCode, you can link the code to a particular app, website, or any other content type to improve your business efficiency.
What are the benefits of using QR codes in restaurants?
A QR code for restaurants offers several benefits, including the following:
- Contactless menus and orders. Customers can simply scan a QR code placed at a restaurant table to view a menu and make an order via their smartphones.
- Customer engagement. Restaurants use QR codes to provide visitors with more interactive experiences. For example, you can link a code to a digital feedback form, loyalty program, or promotional offer.
- Table management. QR codes facilitate reservation and waitlist management. In particular, restaurants can optimize seating arrangements and address the waiting times challenge.
At the beginning of 2022, 25% of restaurants enabled visitors to make orders via a QR code (PYMNTS, 2023). And this number will likely keep growing due to the convenience and accessibility of this technology for the hospitality industry.
QR Code vs. Barcode: The Difference Explained
QR codes provide more advanced data capacity, versatility, and customization opportunities than standard barcodes and other machine-readable code forms. Let’s explore the benefits of QR codes compared to other methods for encoding and identifying information in greater detail.
What are the benefits of QR codes compared to barcodes?
Here are the advantages of QR codes compared to standard barcodes:
- Data capacity. Barcodes usually represent up to 25 characters. Meanwhile, QR codes can store up to 2,500 characters. Besides, they support various types of content and file formats. Therefore, you can use a QR code to give customers a more comprehensive description of your brand, product, or service.
- Better scannability. Even a small QR code is available for most scanning applications. Meanwhile, a barcode should be nearly ten times bigger to remain readable. Also, QR codes are easy to scan by a smartphone from any angle.
- Versatility. QR codes have various use cases, from marketing and advertising to inventory management and manufacturing. In contrast, barcodes are less versatile due to limited data storage.
- Customization and analytics. QR codes are flexible and customizable. You can tailor the code’s design to your needs and edit its content when necessary. Moreover, with a QR code generator tool like MyQRCode, it’s possible to monitor the number of scans and analyze customer behavior.
Overall, QR codes are more powerful and multi-purpose solutions compared to barcodes. Therefore, they are more suitable for businesses striving to improve operational efficiency and enhance customer engagement.
What are the benefits of QR codes compared to other types of two-dimensional barcodes, like an Aztec code or an rMQR code?
The benefits of QR codes compared to other types of two-dimensional (2D) barcodes (Data Matrix codes, PDF-417 barcodes, Aztec codes, MaxiCodes, and rMQR codes) include robust data capacity, optimal scannability, and customization options.
While the purpose of other encoding technologies is usually similar, all these codes have distinctive structures and encoding specifics. For instance, Aztec codes are suitable for transportation due to their data-correction capabilities. In turn, Matrix-based codes like rMQR have rectangular patterns, making it easier to print them in narrow spaces. However, a QR code remains the most popular 2D barcode type. This encoding format applies to various industries and purposes, including marketing, authentication, and contactless transactions.
QR Code Benefits: A Visual Guide to Business Transformation
Dive into the world of QR codes with our comprehensive mind map, encapsulating the myriad of ways QR codes can revolutionize business practices. From enhancing customer interactions to streamlining operations, this visual representation captures the essence of QR code applications in modern business.
This mind map brings together the diverse benefits of QR codes, illustrating their powerful impact on various business facets. It serves as a vivid reminder of how QR codes can be a strategic tool in the digital evolution of businesses, fostering improved customer experiences, operational efficiencies, and innovative technological solutions.
How to Boost Your Business Efficiency with MyQRCode
To take advantage of the key QR code benefits described above, generate a QR code for your business needs with MyQRCode in a few simple steps:
- Open MyQRCode and click the Create QR Code button,
- Choose the desired QR code type (Website URL, Image, Video, App, Menu, or else),
- Name your QR code,
- Provide details about your product, company, or service,
- Add links to your social media, website, and more,
- Upload images or videos if required,
- Optionally, customize your QR code design and add your logo,
- Review your QR code, download it, and share it with your customers.
Please note that you can use our tool for almost any type of digital content. Empower your marketing campaigns, share your contacts, drive traffic to your website, and make the most of QR code advantages with MyQRCode.