How to generate a QR code for a video?
To generate a QR code for video, follow these steps:
- Open MyQRCode and click on the Create my QR code button,
- Choose the QR code type (Video),
- Create a title for your QR code,
- Insert the URL of your chosen video or upload it from your device with a maximum size of up to 100 MB,
- (Optional) Customize your code by choosing the most suitable color and incorporating your logo,
- Click Finish to create, preview, and download your video QR code.
Make sure to tick the Share checkbox in the video settings when creating a QR code for your video. As a result, your customers will be able to share the video from your landing page on social media, increasing traffic to your website and promoting word-of-mouth marketing.
Using QR codes to promote your video content will increase audience interaction. The majority of businesses earn a return on investment (ROI) of more than 87% on video content (HubSpot, 2023). QR codes will direct your clients from written materials such as a brochure or business card to a video explanation, product demo, case study, or other sorts of video, providing a competitive advantage.
This way, you will showcase your products, introduce your services, or give troubleshooting tips more dynamically and interactively. Note that with MyQRCode, you can create a QR code for a video on social media platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) or video content on your own website.
How to generate a QR code for a video on my website?
To generate a QR code for website video, take the following steps:
- Copy the URL of the chosen video from your website,
- Head to MyQRCode and click Create my QR code,
- Select Video as your QR code type and name your QR code,
- Insert the URL of the video,
- Customize your QR code by selecting its color and uploading your brand’s logo if required,
- You’re all set! Check your QR code, download it, and share it with your customers.
To capture the URL of an embedded video on your website, navigate to the landing page and select the video. After that, right-click on the video and select “Copy video URL” to copy it to your clipboard. You can now paste your URL into MyQRCode and proceed with the steps above.
Using video content in your marketing strategy is one of the best ways to enhance customer interest in your brand, improve engagement, and boost revenue. 91% of users would prefer to see more videos from their favorite brands, according to a 2023 Wizowl survey. Therefore, using a QR code video generator like MyQRCode will result in numerous benefits for your company. It will drive more traffic to your website, increasing attention to your products or services. A video QR code for a website bridges traditional printed marketing materials with interactive ones. Moreover, you can generate a QR code for a website video URL and upload a video file from your device.
How to generate a QR code for a video file?
To generate a QR code for video file:
- Open myqrcode.com and click on Create my QR code,
- Choose Video from the list of QR code types,
- Add information about your video, including its title and description,
- Click the Upload video button, select the desired file on your device, and press enter,
- Check the Share box to allow users to share your video,
- Opt for custom design (change the QR code’s color and frame, add your logo, etc.),
- Review the result, download your QR code, and share it.
The maximum video size you can upload on MyQRCode is 100 MB. Also, for better performance and good loading speeds, using the smallest file sizes is recommended. If your video is larger than 100 MB, consider uploading it to a video-sharing site like YouTube or Vimeo and generate a QR code for URL of your video.
People prefer to watch concise and engaging videos, usually under 1 minute. That‘s because the attention span of today’s digital audience is limited. In 2022, the majority of businesses invested in short-form videos under 60 seconds, as Wistia reports in its latest research. Besides, a business can optimize such a video for popular social networks, making viral TikTok content, Instagram stories, or YouTube shorts. However, you can also choose any other type of video that suits your particular business goals and upload it to MyQRCode to generate a QR code for it.
Can I upload my video to MyQRCode and make a QR code for it?
You can upload your video to MyQRCode and create a QR code for it by taking just a few simple steps:
- Click the Create my QR code button on the MyQRCode page,
- Select Video as your preferred QR code type,
- Name and describe your video,
- Upload your video file (up to 100 MB) to MyQRCode (click “Upload video” or simply drag and drop your file),
- (Optional) Choose the desired design for your QR code by changing its color, adding a frame, uploading your logo, and more,
- Check a preview of your QR code and download it.
You can use MyQRCode to upload your video and create a QR code on any desired device, including your PC, laptop, and mobile phone. If you want to upload a video from your Android or iOS device, you can easily access the mobile-friendly version of our platform via any preferred browser.
Making a video and creating a QR code to spread it is worth the effort. Nielsen reported a 215% increase in media consumption in 2020 compared to 2019 following the outbreak of COVID-19. At the same time, customers retain roughly 95% of a message when watching it and only 10% when reading it in text (Insivia, 2023).